Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Smaller Government Means More Walking

I refuse to complain greatly; maybe a little grumble, but then I realized that in a way, I asked for it.

I'm no big fan of tax and spend government, whether Federal or State. So when I learned that they are eliminating my leg of the bus line that takes me to the Metro, I felt ... inconvenienced.

Sure, I'll have to drive in farther in order to grab a bus or a train, but I'd rather have that than a bunch of new taxes to keep me in the style to which I've become accustomed. It's inconvenient, not earth-shattering.

Everyone and every local government is feeling the pinch from the recession; fortunately our local county government chose to cut back on some services than bleed us dry -- the same thing you and I are doing in our families to get by in lean times.

Whaddaya know? The theory works.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails