Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day: Rearview Mirror

So today was Father's Day; it's all over now.

Looking back, it was pretty good. Nothing too earth shattering (but that's what we like about it). Mrs. Nod let me putter about the house at my own pace, while she did all the hard stuff. (Hey, hon, you're my favorite!)

We went to Mass and got to take up the gifts; that was nifty. The toddlers behaved well, so Wynken and Blynken got to hold the bread and wine, while we lined up behind them with Nod-girl and Nib and Nub; our own domestic mini-church. They executed flawlessly, Father blessed us and told the kids what a good job they did. We all bowed and returned to our seats. Easy pie. I was so proud.

After that, I mowed the lawn (normally I would have refrained on Sunday, but it's been raining non-stop for more than a week), played frisbee with the kids, drank beer, ate ribs, cheescake, and ice cream.

Fat, dumb, happy. Sigh. Happy Father's Day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails