Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wilderness Of Sin

I must have sinned greatly today.

It's not that I did anything bad, actually. The Hebrew word "sin" is translated as "missing the mark". Therefore to sin is to miss the mark, to fall short of the glory of God.

In a completely different context, the Wilderness of Sin (or Zin), is a place where the Israelites wandered in the desert during the Exodus, and where they complained against God that they had run out of food. After that and other similar nonsense they got to wander in the desert for 40 years on account of their hard-heartedness. (What, they couldn't ask for directions at the gas station?)

I went to an off-site location for work today, and I must have missed every exit imaginable on the way there and on the way back. I just kept missing my exit and had to wander my way back through unfamiliar territory. So, I felt a little like those Israelites today.

In the end their saving Grace was God (after teaching them a lesson); my saving grace was GPS. (Hmm, I wonder what was the lesson I was supposed to learn?)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails