Friday, December 31, 2010

Fifth Beer Of Christmas

The 12 Beers of Christmas is a little tradition I started last year in which I treated myself to 12 different beers, one each day. It celebrates the incredible taste and variety that can be found in beers around the world and just a few klicks from my doorstep.

The Fifth Beer of Christmas is the Duck-Rabbit Milk Stout, lovingly hand made in small batches by the Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery in Farmville, North Carolina.

This stout pours all black. It has a creamy tan head with excellent retention 2 inches thick. Lacy islands cling to the side of the glass.

The taste is dark malty richness, sweet lactose on the side of the tongue, bitter dark chocolate on the long, long finish. It has a thick body, and a full mouth feel.

A well crafted beer which I recommend without hesitation. Do you see the Duck or the Rabbit?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails