Sunday, February 7, 2010

Stories From The Cold: Blizzard 2010

While Mrs. Nod and I worked on shoveling out 30 inches of snow from the driveway, I sent Wynken and Blynken out back to clear away the heat pump. After warning them to be careful of the nearby outside basement steps, I returned to my grueling task.

Not five minutes go by when Wynken comes rushing up and says "Blynken fell down the basement steps and now she's stuck!". I rushed to the back and sure enough, she fell down the well of the stairs into the drift, arms and legs akimbo. Not only that, she lost her boot in the process.

She handled it well and didn't panic; thankfully she didn't get hurt - just stuck. I scooped her up in my arms and carried her back into the garage and set her down safe and sound.

She says, "Thanks, Daddy."

I said, "Don't you know, I'll always come for you?"

'Cause, you know, that's what Daddies do.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails