Friday, February 26, 2010

Can't Stop The Jingle

My alternate career would have been as a commercial focus group tester. I don't have a degree in Media or Marketing. I know nothing about Business or Economics. I don't even watch much television as a rule, because I am highly impressionable. What I do have is an uncanny inability to forget a truly obnoxious jingle.

The most annoying commercial from back in the day is one for the Purdue Oven Stuffer Roaster: Pick, pick, pick. I still hate it -- but it's hard to forget the jingle.



The original Outback Steakhouse radio spot was awesome back in the 1990's:

Koala climb high to the tippy-tippy top,
Hungry for a taste that he just can't stop.

Kangaroo can survive in the desert--How 'bout you?
Just like the boomerang comes back -- you will too.

Outback. Outback Steakhouse. Steakhouse from the land down under.


Today's obnoxious commercial is just right for Lent: the McDonalds Filet-o-fish.



And the #1 worst commercial of all time -- so bad I wouldn't use their product if you paid me to -- the Woo Hoo song used by Vonage.


Don't thank me; it will now be stuck in your head for the rest of the day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails