Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Numbers 13

Went to our first NVDSA event at Numbers 13 Farm.


The people there are the friendliest people I have ever met. At first I was a little taken aback by some people's forward social advances. But then I realized that since everyone was there with the same purpose, we could do away with the awkward preambles.
Um, excuse me, does your child have DS? Oh, what a coincidence, so does mine ...

That, and the kids are going to do that to you, DS or no. So I didn't even blink when some random child came within 3 inches of my face to show me his horseback riding ribbon. He thought I looked too hot (I was sweating) so he "let" me wear his plastic fire engine hat.

Looking back on it: free food, music, horse rides, sack races, pumpkin picking, hay rides, and really, really neat people, it is already a fond memory.

I think I'll do it again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails