Tuesday, September 25, 2012

3½ Time-Outs Tuesday (Vol. 43)



Just like Conversion Diary’s 7 Quick Takes, but half as long and twice as good.

This is the Mundane is the Salt of the Earth Edition

1
When you work in an office, people can get into the strangest conversations sometimes. The debate today revolved around the question: if someone lends you a dollar to play the lottery and you win, what is your obligation to the guy who lent you the dollar? 
Technically, it's $1, but what about morally? One percent? Ten? Nothing? Does it depend on the amount? What would you do?
I don't know for sure, but I may not be coming in on Monday ...
2
I've been running running the household solo for about 3 weeks now, taking care of a post-surgery Mrs. Nod and 6 Nodlings. (Well, "solo" if you consider both sets of Grandparents, siblings, friends, and people from Church.) Still, it's pretty hectic being both Mom and Dad and I'm more tired than I've ever been. My wife is pretty awesome to be able to do all this on a regular basis.
The Nodlings have been coping fairly well but -- is it just me, or does it seem that if the kids are conscious, they want something? 
Only 9 more weeks of this to go ...
3
The kids have rediscovered the unadulterated fun that is The Muppet Show. I tried to interest them about a year ago and they just. didn't. get. it. Now all of a sudden, they can't get enough of it and are howling with laughter.
I missed Talk Like A Pirate Day again this year (Arrrrrgh!), but enjoy this clip of those original pirates: the Muppet Vikings.
My all time favorite Muppet scene is where Statler and Waldorf say

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails