Friday, December 16, 2011

Sleuth Readers Rejoice

221-Be still my little sleuth-y heart.

Having read everything in the Sherlock Holmes cannon, there is a certain feeling of let-down when you reach the end of the last novel.

Apparently, there is no lack of fan-fiction to fill the void. Not the least of which is a BBC radio dramatization entitled "The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" Volume 1-4. 

I know what's going on my Christmas/iTunes/Audible.com/Amazon wish-list! I got and listened to Volume 2 and I liked it. There are at least 3 more of these and other series to choose from.

Ahh, it's like a comfortable old slipper ... filled with pipe tobacco, smelly chemistry experiments, and a violin waiting to be played.


In the meantime, I have Agatha Cristie's Hurcule Poirot at my bedside to keep my little grey cells occupied with problems to solve.

2 comments:

Larry Denninger said...

I can also recommend Charles Todd - he writes great mysteries, based in post-WWI England. You'd enjoy them - his 1st one is called "Test of Wills".

Oh - as to your wish list thing? Santa told me what you really want.

Nod said...

Larry, thanks for the tip.

I look forward to your re-telling of that great Christmas story: the Hunting of the Snark (an Agony in 8 Fits).


In the midst of the word he was trying to say,
In the midst of his laughter and glee,
He had softly and suddenly vanished away -- -
For the Snark was a Boojum, you see.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails