Saturday, November 26, 2011

Now with Placebo action!

I just recently got back to the land of the living, so I thought I'd share this tiny tidbit.

Not too many things make me laugh out loud, especially when I'm watching TV by myself, but this commercial did. I'm sure it's not meant to be funny, but too bad. Ha!

The commercial is for Puff Plus with Vicks scent. First of all, if you've ever tried the Plus variety, you know its full of lotion. While that feels good on a sore nose, it's also annoying because you're never quite sure if your nose is actually clean after you blow it. After all, it's kind of the same consistency ...

Anyway, the thing that made me laugh was that they are advertising it with the scent of Vicks. It doesn't actually contain any medication to clear up your nose, they're just trying to  fool you into thinking it does by adding the smell.

Of course, if you're so stuffed up that you would actually need some Vicks Roto-Rooter action -- you're not going to be able to smell it!

Ah, but I think I smelled Vicks, so I'm feeling less congested ... or something.  [Sniff] Ahh, placebo!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails