Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cloud Gazing

A couple of months ago, I was driving down a street with tallish buildings lining either side and a tree line at the end of the road. It made a perfect V-shaped tunnel; the clouds that day were thick and low.

These particular clouds were of an unusual texture which made them seem like solid land masses with solid blue seas surrounding them. The illusion was so complete that I was sure I was standing outside the earth looking down on it, and it was just waiting for me to touch it.

That's a view that very few people get unless they're astronauts or angels. I had to shake myself out of my reverie lest I crash the car.  I sighed, and thought, "I need to spend more time cloud gazing".

Just not while I'm driving.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails