Friday, July 30, 2010

New Series: As For Me And My House

I've been asked to write a weekly series over at Catholic Dads Online and to be one of their featured writers!

This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the larger mission of speaking to the experience of being a Catholic Dad. The site is growing and evolving, so I encourage you to check back frequently to check out the changes.

Everybody is welcome, not just Dads.

My series is called "As For Me And My House" and will be published on Thursdays. (Oh no, deadlines!) This is a chance for me to try to kick it up a notch and put out what I hope will be good and engaging content. My theme is taken from Joshua 24:15, and I designed a logo just for this series.

They say you should write what you know. As a Catholic Dad of a fistful of children (the Nodlings), I’ve come to know the daily joys and sorrows of trying to live out the Faith in our modern world. There are many options out there — voices that are clamoring to be heard, prevailing winds of philosophy, sirens of fame, fortune, and success.
My wife and I made a promise the day we got married that we would accept children lovingly as gifts from God and bring them up in the practice of the Faith. We promised to be true to each other and by our covenant to serve God faithfully. As a father, my job is to love my wife as Christ loves His Church and to lead my family spiritually.
If it does not please you to serve the LORD, decide today whom you will serve, the gods your fathers served beyond the River or the gods of the Amorites in whose country you are dwelling. As for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” Joshua 24:15
These are our stories.
Join me every Thursday as I chronicle “As For Me And My House“, the place where the rubber meets the road.

Subscribe to the RSS feed here.

5 comments:

Larry Denninger said...

Congrats! You're Big Time now!

I'm looking forward to reading your pieces.

Nod said...

Many thanks. I'm still "just this guy, you know?"

It will take a few posts to find my "voice" on 24:15, but we'll get there!

kkollwitz said...

Once a week? My brain would seize up.

RAnn said...

I'll have to add it to my must read list. You can certainly add your post to your Sunday Snippets link so I don't forget to read it!

Nod said...

Thanks peeps! (Pressure mounting ...)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails