Monday, July 13, 2009

POTUS School Marm Takes Condescending Tone

So I hear this audio clip of the President today, fresh back from his trip to Europe.

In it he's got that lecturing tone; you know, the school teacher wagging her finger at those naughty children who have been acting up in her absence. It just rubbed me all the wrong way; I don't take kindly to anyone using that tone.
"I want to put everybody on notice, because there was a lot of chatter while I was gone. We are going to get this done. Inaction is not an option. Don't bet against us, we are going to make this happen. We are now closer to the goal of health care reform than we have ever been."
What happened to respectful dialog, accommodating other points of view, blah blah blah? Yeah, that's what I thought.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails