Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Now I Feel Icky

I met a career bureaucrat today -- he happens to be higher up on the food chain. Although I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, sometimes first impressions can be overwhelming.

The guy is just, well, smarmy. He just oozes bureaucratic politics. He's got the tight little fake smile - oh, it's so nice to meet you; he's got the overly styled hair; the silk handkerchief in the suit pocket that fails to give him that flair; the expensive suit that doesn't quite fit right, and the whole I'm-just-trying-too-hard air about him.

Maybe I'm just all wrong about this guy; in charity, I'm going to have to give him another chance. In the meantime, I'm going to take a shower.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

A word to the wise - this is the type of post I avoid at all costs - ANYTHING associated with work, but particularly your superiors.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails