Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Almost As Predicted

Yesterday, I predicted inaugural gridlock, and for those who went downtown on the Metro that may have been true. Father out in the Virginia 'burbs, gridlock was actually dramatically decreased, but only because nobody showed up to work.

I know this because I actually went to work at my new job. Other than signing a few forms, I got exactly nothing done because everyone who could have done something useful was enjoying a four day weekend.

So I guess I was half right: for some of us who were able to go to work, the day was wasted by the people who didn't.

Update: Fully half of the people who did show up to work were streaming the inauguration to their desktops instead of working (ironically in violation of most employers IT use policies).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails