Saturday, August 2, 2008

Flat on my ...

back.

That's where I've been. Threw my back out playing racquetball, and I've been down for the count for the last 10 days. I even got a 3 day weekend that first Friday and haven't been able to enjoy it.

At first it was mind-numbingly excruciating, then it was terribly painful, and now finally it's mildly debilitating.

Good time to offer it up, do extra prayer, catch up on things, read extra books to the kids, right? Nope. When you don't feel good, NOTHING happens without an heroic effort.

Good thing we get a lot of practice at suffering well (or poorly in my case), because when the Big One hits, I want to be ready. I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm singing the hymn by Saint Warren Zevon of Poor, Poor Pitiful Me. It would make a great country song.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails