Friday, August 28, 2009

Still Life With Cameraphone: Hitchhiker

Readers of this blog are aware that I've been exercising the old cameraphone lately, as I move about Washington. Sometimes, you are able to catch the most unexpected things.

Driving to the Metro this morning I was startled and amused by something I saw at the red light: a hitchhiker had grabbed a ride on the car in front of me unbeknownst to the driver. It was really too far for the cameraphone to get clearly, but right there circled in green is a praying mantis on the trunk.

Hey, buddy, the slug line is one block over. Does this mean this guy gets to use the HOV lanes?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom's car picked up a similar hitchhiker the other day.
When I went to park the car (I was driving; she was sitting shotgun) and roll up the windows, a mantis on the passenger-side mirror started feeling out the window with its antennae. As I tried to figure out how to time the roll-up so as not to injure the bug's groping antennae, I absent-mindedly said, "I'll try not to kill this mantis here..."

Mom said, "be careful! I don't want you to go to jail for killing a praying mantis."

Ah, mom.
--Shoe

Roger said...

I had a stowaway in my car this week. Nothing a little mousetrap couldn't solve. I'll spare you the photos.

Nod said...

Yikes! Mousetrap!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails