Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sometimes

Sometimes I wonder if I have any practical skills at all.

I mean, when the Big One hits, and we're all reduced to a post apocalyptic Mad Max state, what will I do?

I don't know carpentry, husbandry, electricity, mechanical engineering, physics, chemistry, medicine, hunting, fishing, or gathering.

I do know computers and computer security. But Life Without Electricity would be a real hardship for most of us, I'll wager.

I do know a little bit of gardening, but as a sideline, not for subsistence.

Fortunately, I have a marketable skill for which I do get paid; I can support my family; I can even help out the neighbors with their everyday computer woes.

I don't have to worry about catastrophes (any more than anybody else). Other than prudential planning and prayer, there is literally nothing I can do to affect that.

I guess that feels good. I guess that I'm in the right place at the right time, less by happy accident than by the providence of God.

Yeah, I guess God knows what he's doing. Yahweh Jireh. God provides.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails