Tuesday, October 5, 2010

RIP Fr. Thomas Dubay

Well known Marist Fr. Thomas Dubay died September 26, 2010. Fr. Dubay was an accomplished author and expert on Doctors of the Church, St. John of the Cross and St. Theresa of Avila.  Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord.

This morning at 4:45, the Lord welcomed into His Kingdom Rev Thomas Dubay, SM, after suffering kidney failure and massive bleeding in the brain. Father’s frail health had been declining ever since his admission to the Little Sisters of the Poor home in Washington more than a year ago, but his suffering was even more noticeable in recent months. Despite this fact, Fr Dubay was just as witty as ever.

InsightScoop has the story ...

2 comments:

Joann said...

We can never lose a saint. This is the first I heard of Fr. Dubay's dying. I will miss him. I will still hear his voice though as I ride my bike listening to him speak of his favorite saints who now hold him in sweet embrace. There's joy when a saint goes home, and I still have Fr.Dubay in my heart and my minds eye.I'm sure he'll be waiting for us with prayer. Thank you, Jesus!

Nod said...

Yes, we were lucky to have him.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails