Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Five Minutes In The Box

All it takes is five minutes in the box and I'm like a new man. Bam! Why do we wait so long some times?

Historically, after confession my prayer life is re-invigorated, my temper subsides, my thirst for the things of God is sweetened, I'm more reliable, cheerful, and much more charitable towards others.

In hockey you go to the Penalty Box after committing a foul. Two minutes for minor penalties, five minutes for really serious offenses.

I was complaining that I needed to go to Confession, and the guys said, "Is it that bad?".

I said, "Well, after so many two-minute minors, it adds up to a five-minute major."

1 comment:

Lindsay @ Lindsay Loves said...

What an awesome metaphor for confession! I have a soft spot for lighthearted views of confession...not that I think confession is light...you know what I mean.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails