Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wynken Arrow Of Light




Wynken has finally earned his Arrow of Light! Glory to God!

This is the highest award that can be bestowed in the Cub Scouts. This is also the only award that can be carried over into the Boy Scouts when they cross over.

He worked really hard to get this award, so we're really proud of him. He had to make some difficult choices (for him) as to whether he valued this more than some other thing which would have offered him immediate gratification.

A couple of times along the way he was offered an "all or nothing" moment, but he persevered. That for me is his "shining moment".

I'm also proud of Mrs. Nod who put in a lot of time and energy into tracking the requirements and keeping him on the path since I couldn't always be available. You go, babe!

The arrows are pretty sweet too: hand made Indian arrows with real feathers, hand tied. It'll look good when we get his shadow box done.

2 comments:

Michael Halbrook said...

Congrats! I still remember those days with my friends as we were growing up quite fondly, and look forward to sharing them with my sons in the coming years.

Next up: Eagle Scout!

Unknown said...

Eagle Scout (sigh)

Can I have a short vacation before I start earning my Eagle Scout?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails