Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Candidate Passes!

Among the many things I've had on my plate lately, one had a deadline associated with it. The GIAC Certified Penetration Tester (GPEN) test had to be taken and passed by Dec 12 of this year.

My test was scheduled for today; I had been studying on and off for several weeks but with distractions. Well, I took the test and only missed 4 questions; 97.33% not too shabby! This old dog hasn't lost his edge yet.

I felt like I had to ramrod it through regardless of the situation or any doubts about my ability.

My hero: Danny Kaye in The Court Jester. It doesn't matter what he actually does, the candidate passes!



Captain of the Guard: [Hawkins is being tested for Knighthood] He must scale a wall in full armor.
[Hawkins is tossed over the wall]
Captain of the Guard: Candidate passes!
[later]
Captain of the Guard: He must bring down a hawk in full flight.
[a hawk with an arrow is tossed on the ground]
Captain of the Guard: Candidate passes.
Hawkins: But I didn't even shoot...
Captain of the Guard: [shouts] Candidate passes!
[later]
Captain of the Guard: He must capture a wild boar with his bare hands.
[a piglet comes out of a chute followed by sound effects of splashing in the mud]
Captain of the Guard: He passes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Nod!

--Shoe

Unknown said...

Sooo, it worked tossing you over the wall.

Hee hee.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails