Monday, March 7, 2011

Pray A Priestess Home

Our pal LarryD at Acts of the Apostasy has just had a brilliant idea. True, most of his ideas are super-snarky (which keeps us laughing) but this one's for realz.

Inspired by the true life return to full communion with the Catholic Church by a woman who attempted to be ordained, LarryD is organizing a prayer campaign for those associated with RCWP.

Last week's story of Norma Jean Coon publicly renouncing her association with RCWP and attempt at ordination to the diaconate really moved me. It was a bright light of hope in a week of dark, despairing news. Perhaps it's the initial sign that the womynpreest movement is beginning to crack. Thus, we should all help it along.

That's why I've decided to launch the "Adopt-A-Priestess Project", which is not all that dissimilar from "Adopt A Seminarian" initiatives some dioceses have, or the Spiritual Adoption of Unborn Human Life that had been encouraged by Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen.
Document of Renunciation of Ordination to Diaconate by Norma Jean Coon.

Wondering what to do for Lent? Why not help someone return home to the Catholic Church? Click on over and give LarryD your support. Pray on! 

Pray for the conversion of: Chava Redonnet

3 comments:

Larry Denninger said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Nod. The requests keep coming in - I'm sure yours won't be the last.

I seem to recall you mentioning ages ago that you went to school in Rochester - well, that's my hometown. My crib. My pad. My...well, you get the idea.

Do you read the blog "Cleansing Fire"? It's a well-done blog on the Catholic goings-on in the Diocese of Rochester. A sad state of affairs in so many ways.

Hope you and the Homebrews start feeling better soon. God bless.

Nod said...

Yeah, for the old days in Roch. Hey, at least I've got Wegman's here to console me. :D

I lost track of Cleansing Fire when they changed their blog home. Guess I'll have to look 'em up again.

Thanks, man!

Larry Denninger said...

Here's their new URL: http://cleansingfiredor.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails