Sunday, January 23, 2011

I Confess

I took Nod-girl for her First Reconciliation today.

She wore a pretty pink dress, shiny black shoes, white tights, and a First Communion veil in her hair.  Since we see this as a pretty important day, she wanted to look nice. (When's the last time you dressed up for Confession? I'm just glad He'll take me any which way.) She missed going with her classmates at school due to a conflicting family event, so we made it on our own.

I wanted to make a small fuss about it, so I brought the camera and took a few pictures. She went to our Pastor's line and did superbly (volume control comes later). Upon coming out, she leaped! into my arms all smiles. I think the fellow penitents in line got a small chuckle out of that.

She said her penance and I knelt and gave thanks to Our Lord in the Eucharist there.

After that, we had to go to the grocery store for a few things, and she got some special attention from various ladies who noticed the radiant girl with the beautiful veil dancing through the aisles. Ah me!

I'd say it was pretty cool.

4 comments:

David Marciniak said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing a proud daddy moment! I will keep you both in my prayers.

RAnn said...

Thanks for sharing. Our First Reconciliation service has so much going on, confession is just another activity squeezed in there.

Carol@simple_catholic said...

Beautiful! We should all come out of the confessional with such joy in our hearts. :)

Barb Schoeneberger said...

The joy of the child who has encountered Jesus with no barriers - beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails