Monday, September 15, 2008

Crazy Soccer Dad

Apparently, I am a Crazy Soccer Dad.

My son, Wynken, had his first soccer game -- ever. I told him over and over, "I don't care if you ever win, I just want you to try hard and not give up".

Before the game, the coach sent out a list of guidelines for parents on how to be good sports, behave nicely, not to try to "coach" the kids, etc. I read and understood every word. I even agreed with it.

Day of the game, I show up with a camera, camcorder, and the Fam in tow. It's hot, muggy, and very uncomfortable at 9am. The game begins, my son doesn't start, I watch good-naturedly.

Whistle blows, my son subs in, the ball comes his way. I start yelling and cheering like a crazed fan. I just couldn't help it.

He tried hard, I was so proud. They won the game, which is just icing on the cake.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails