Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hasta La Metro

I found an open door and I went through it.

A job slot opened up at the corporate office that is 15 minutes from the house. Now I won't have to go downtown DC on a daily basis; maybe occasionally, but definitely not all the time.

So no more adventures in Metro for a while -- I won't miss it! That thing gets worse by the day. It is literally falling apart due to years of neglect and an emphasis on closing the budget gap of the moment.

Yesterday the Red line was operating at a maximum speed of 15 mph. I wasn't there -- I was waking up late and still getting to work early at the new location.

Hello, freedom! (Freedom now being defined as availability to drive Nodlings around to soccer practices and Scouting events, as well as coming home to a family dinner.)

On balance, I'll take it in a heartbeat.

1 comment:

Rebecca Frech said...

Hooray! Congratulations on the new job and on walking away from the Metro.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails