Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Magic Metro Keys

So as I'm leaving the Metro station from the last train -- This train is out of service! -- I see them close the doors and turn out the lights. Then, a Metro employee comes up to one of the train doors, opens a side panel, sticks in some kind of magic key and - voila! - the door opens, the light comes on and he steps inside.

I've never seen this before. Nor did I know about the magic access key that opens the doors from the outside. I wonder what it looks like and how it (really) works. More than that, I wonder how many employees have a magic door key. How many people who no longer work for Metro have a magic door key? Does that same key make the train go, too?

Inquiring minds want to know. Given the appalling lack of safety in the Metro transit system of late, it's not a far stretch to believe that the procedural security of the system is also lacking. Someone should check, don't you think?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails