Sunday, October 11, 2009

Holy Mole

I fed the Nodlings Mole sauce (pronounced mo-lay) for the first time yesterday over chicken burritos. I also called it "chocolate burritos", since it does contain cocoa as one of its ingredients.

It's a tasty Mexican sauce, but if you've never had it, well, it's got some of the strangest ingredients: peppers, soybean oil, crackers, peanuts, sugar, and cocoa among others.

I expected the kids to not like it, but they surprised me: Wynken didn't like it but Blynken did (who doesn't like anything new); Nod-girl said it was "yucky" and then ate all of it and said I could make it again(?).

The Nodlings wanted to name the dish: chicken burritos with cheese, refried beans, salsa, red peppers, tomatoes, black olives, and mole sauce. So we came up with Holy Mole; partly because it rhymes (sorta) and partly because we said grace over it (as usual).

3 comments:

Renee said...

I don't think I've ever used Mole sauce - I"ll have to look for some. We love Mexican

Nod said...

Thanks, Renee. I found it quite tasty. I recommend getting some "ready to serve" unless you like reconstituting a paste.

Rebecca Frech said...

How did I miss this when you wrote it? I love mole sauce. Did you reconstitute a paste? That's brave of you. Try making it from scratch and cooking chicken in the sauce. Mmmmmmmmm mole chicken.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails