Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Variations on a Theme

I gave up swearing shortly after college, but it can be a challenge sometimes to come up with an "appropriate expression" that used to be filled with a four-letter variety.

But since practice makes perfect, and since I like language anyway, I'm gonna ask you to "fill in the blank" with a new-and-improved expression.

This week's expression is: "Holy _____!"

  • Holy Joseph! (the one I've retrained myself to say)
  • Holy Moses!
  • Holy frijoles!
  • Holy cow!
  • Holy rusted metal, Batman!

    C'mon, give me some more ... !
  • 5 comments:

    Rachael said...

    I have no idea why I say this, but my fav is 'Holy crow'. And now my friend says it, too!

    Nod said...

    Tee hee! Love it.

    Patrick said...

    I'm partial to "Holy Guacamole", but you have to hear the inflection to get the full effect. :)

    Anonymous said...

    There's always the old "holy smoke!"

    Nod said...

    Posted from Catholic-Dads:

    Holy unlikely.

    Holy out of the question.

    Holy shitake mushrooms.

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails