Thursday, May 12, 2011

24:15 Lay It Down


Our eyes met over the fender as he suddenly appeared from behind the semi, merging into my lane; I knew one of us was going down.

There was a screech of brakes, an oath of surprise and anger, and a loud crunch of heavy metal meeting asphalt.  The guy laid his motorcycle down right in front of my car’s wheels and himself with it. 

I thought: Oh, no, this is it! Someone’s gonna die!

It could happen at any moment; any time could be the last, when we’re called to lay our lives down and stand before the Father.

Motorcycles are somewhat dangerous because there is no superstructure to protect you in an accident.
Bikers will tell you there are two kinds of riders: those who have laid their bike down in an accident and those who will lay their bike down.


Continue reading >>>

Subscribe to As For Me And My House (Jos 24:15), Thursdays at Catholic Dads Online! 
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails