Thursday, May 26, 2011

24:15 How Do I Know?


“Jesus loves me, how do I know? Because my oil cap tells me so.”

Well, those might not be the exact lyrics of the Sunday school song, but that’s how I’m singing it this week. The difference between a grade-school ditty and a man’s life comes down to experience. 

One of the characteristics that Catholicism shares with our progenitor in Judaism is a practical earthiness, a visceral experience, a faith rooted in the created yet elevated all the way to the foot of the Throne of Heaven. Grace builds on nature, it does not pass it by. By the same token, we apprehend the realities of our soul through the window of our bodily senses.

In short, life happens; God is near. 

Jesus loves me, how do I know? Because when my engine light came on, I stopped at the gas station to check the oil instead of driving all the way downtown.  Imagine my surprise when I popped the hood of my car and discovered my oil cap missing. The underside of the hood was covered with a black, tarry goo and the engine was steaming with heat.


Continue reading >>>

Subscribe to As For Me And My House (Jos 24:15), Thursdays at Catholic Dads Online! 

1 comment:

Tim said...

Nod - I work for The Maximus Group, a Catholic communications firm in the Atlanta area. We are working on an event in Va. Beach o scheduled for June 23 that you might be interested in if you live in the area. Can you please email me at tlilley@maximusmg.com? Thanks in advance. I hope to hear from you soon. Tim Lilley, Director of Communications, The Maximus Group (www.maximusmg.com)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails