Monday, April 5, 2010

Unreasonably Good

I admit to being a little bit of a foodie. I don't have the skills of a sous chef, and probably not quite the palate, but I do have the appetite.

At the risk of stating a tautology, good food is yummy. When you find a flavor you connect with, you just want to have it again and again.

For Easter dinner, I made this recipe for Lamb Stew from Wegmans. Why not ham? Because we're celebrating the Wedding Feast of the Lamb, not of the Ham.

Anyway, I highly recommend you try it. The broth this thing makes is unreasonably good; I was drinking gravy from the bowl, it was that good. I used some Rosemary Olive Oil bread to soak up every last drop. It's got chicken stock, lamb drippings, rosemary, tomatoes, basil, garlic, red wine, bay leaves, and something called Herbes de Provence. I don't even know what the heck that stuff is, but it does contain lavender and savory. Braising the lamb meant that it ended up fork tender -- delectable.

Oh, man, oh man was that good. I brought the leftovers into work for lunch, and one of my office mates threatened to beat me if I didn't bring in more to share.

That, to me, is the highest praise. When food is good, people ask for the recipe; when it is unreasonably good, people are correspondingly unreasonable about getting it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails