Here are some phrases I've collected; some of them are slightly earthy:
- Garbage rolls down-hill.
- That's slicker than snot on a door-knob.
- Well, tie me to a hog and smear my ears with jam!
- You're just a lost ball in the high weeds.
- Never piss up-wind.
- Soda: pop, soda pop, coke (for everything), fizz, RC, sugar-water
- gâvur-kebab: a Turkish/Muslim mash-up meaning ham on a stick (gâvur means "unbeliever", kebab is like shish-kebab).
- Slainte (Irish "cheers") pronounced: It's a lawn chair!
- Auf Wiedersehen (German "goodbye") pronounced: Our feet are stained!
- Do itashi mashite (Japanese "you're welcome") pronounced: Don't touch my mustache!
- Turkish tongue twister- bu duvarı badanalamalı mı yoksa badanalamamalı mı?
Should we whitewash this wall or should we not whitewash it?
- Chinese story: Tikki-Tikki Tembo no sa rembo, chari-bari, rucci-pip perri-pembo
- Same story, different name: Tikki-Tukki Timbo, no si-nimbo, bui-hui bushi-fui pom-pom nikki-nomi echo fui-o
- California: boffo, gnarly, tubular
- Donde esta Juan? Yo soy Juan! Ai!
- That which does not kill us makes us stronger -- Nietzsche (eww!)
- Bumper sticker: God is Dead -- Nietzsche; Nietzsche is Dead -- God.